1. Basic Policy
Kobelco Logistics, Ltd. (hereinafter referred to "the Corporation") fully understands the inherent responsibility to properly protect the personal information of all persons including customers and suppliers ("the person") who provide such information to the Corporation. To that end, the Corporation will handle personal information according to the policies stated below.
- In handling any personal information, the Corporation pledges to fully comply with the Private Information Protection Law and other relevant laws and regulations, and pursuant to practices in this respect that are generally accepted as fair and reasonable.Further, the Corporation will continuously endeavor to improve the handling of such personal information as necessary.
- The Corporation will continuously update and revise rules and management systems for the handling and protection of personal information and will ensure compliance by its employees with such rules and systems. Furthermore, the Corporation will ensure the appropriate supervision of its trustees.
- The Corporation will use personal information only to the extent of and for the purposes specified, which will be announced or notified to the persons to whom the information pertains.
- Kobelco will take necessary measures to properly manage and protect personal information to prevent it from being leaked, lost or falsified.
- The Corporation, through its specific office, will faithfully make all efforts to promptly receive, correct, revise, delete or cease the use of personal information in its possession upon request by the person.
2. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The Corporation will use personal information that is acquired in a proper and lawful manner and only as needed, for the following purposes pertaining to the business operated by the Corporation listed below.
- To give information and to provide its products and services
- To purchase services
- To purchase raw materials, equipment, or other goods necessary for providing services
- To respond to inquiries by the person
The Business Operated by the Corporation
Scope of Business
- Port logistics
- Coastal shipping
- Customs clearance
- Freight transportation
- In-plant operations contracting
- Shipping agency
- Civil engineering
- Steel structure construction
- Basic construction work
- Industrial waste collection and transportation
- Freight forwarding
- Auto repair
- Labor dispatch
- Other operations related to the above
3. Disclosure to Third Parties
Excepting cases where information is provided to a commissioned vendor or where any of the following apply, the Corporation will not provide any personal data to a third party.
- When the person's approval is granted beforehand
- In cases where information is disclosed or provided as a form of statistical data, etc., by which the person cannot be identified
- When the disclosure is required by applicable laws or ordinances
- When the disclosure is necessary to protect human life, human body or personal property, while it is difficult to obtain the person’s agreement to disclose his or her personal information
- When the disclosure of personal information is necessary to support a public operation of the national government or the municipality for which the person's refusal to allow the disclosure of personal information would limit the accomplishment of such operation
- Where sharing personal data with a specified party and the item of personal data for shared use, the scope of the party that will share the use of such data and the party responsible for supervising the purpose of use of such data is notified or announced to the person in advance
When the person to whom the information pertains requests disclosure of his or her personal information held by the Corporation, the Corporation will respond to such requests to a reasonable extent and in a reasonable period of time, after confirming the person's identification.
5. Correction, Deletion, Etc.
When the person makes a request for the correction, addition or deletion of his or her personal information held by the Corporation, the Corporation will correct, add or delete the personal information in its possession to a reasonable extent and in a reasonable period of time, if the information differs from the actual facts.
6. Suspension of Use and Elimination
When the person makes a request for the Corporation to suspend the use of or eliminate his or her personal information held by the Corporation, the Corporation will suspend the use of or eliminate the information to a reasonable extent and in a reasonable period of time, after confirming the person's identification. If the use of a portion or all of said information is suspended or said data is eliminated, the Corporation may not be able to provide services as desired by the person involved. (Note that when the information is being held in accordance with relevant laws and regulations, the Corporation may not be able to respond to a request for the suspension of use or elimination of said information.)
Requests concerning personal information held by the Corporation mentioned in the above Sections 4, 5 and 6 and other inquiries concerning personal information will be accepted by the contact point described below.
Your inquiries will be accepted by the contact through which you were notified by the Corporation at the time you provided your personal information, or by the person in charge if you have business dealings with the Corporation.